Car accidents are stressful enough, and then there are the insurance companies. The Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC are here to help victims of car accidents, regardless of fault. Whether it is your insurance company, or another person’s company that you are dealing with, all insurance companies have the same goal: to settle the claim for the least amount of money possible. Here at Jay S. Knispel, LLC, we have a different bottom line: to get you the money you deserve so that you can get back to your life. Our law firm is big enough to take care of your interests in the best way possible and small enough to serve your needs personally. We are with you every step of the way; we will see the entire case through to the end, whether we come to a settlement with the insurance company, or take the case to trial. For our law firm, your best interests are our best interests.
If you have been involved in an automobile accident, there are some steps to take that can help your case go smoother throughout. First and foremost, ensure your own well-being. In the case of a serious accident, you need to get examined by a doctor immediately, even if you do not feel that you are hurt. Many times, soft tissue damage can occur without external symptoms.
While you are at the scene, if you are able:
- Record as many details about the accident as possible; if you are able, get contact information of any witnesses to the incident.
- Take pictures of the damage to vehicles and the surrounding area.
- Exchange information with any other drivers involved in the accident. You need to get contact information from the driver, insurance information, and information on the owner of the vehicle if it is not the driver.
After you have left the scene:
- Keep a written record of any conversation with insurance adjustors and agents. Be sure to include the name of with whom you spoke, and if possible, the names of supervisors.
- Save all receipts involved with the accident. These may include medical bills, rental car expenses, or anything else you think might be related.
We Can Help
If you have been involved in an automobile accident, do not let the insurance companies intimidate you into signing anything that you feel is unfair. It is important to take time and review the situation. The best thing you can do for yourself and your family is to contact our attorneys at the Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC right away. We have handled all types of insurance claims, and we know how to serve your best interests. We will give you the personal attention you deserve, and either settle the claim for a fair amount, or if a settlement cannot be reached, we will pursue the case in court. Contact our attorneys today for a free consultation regarding your specific situation and see how we can help you.