Nothing can ever prepare us for the sudden death of a loved one. When that death is caused by someone else’s negligence, it is difficult to understand why this happened. The loss is sudden and devastating. If you have lost a loved one in an accident caused by the negligence of someone else, contact an experienced and successful wrongful death lawyer in Brooklyn for a free initial legal consultation.
A wrongful death lawsuit claims that the victim was killed as a result of negligence (or other type of unjust action) on the part of the person or entity being sued, and that the victim’s survivors are entitled to monetary damages as a result of the improper conduct.
Wrongful Death Causes
Every year loved ones across the United States grieve the loss of family members that die as the result of wrongful death. There are numerous situations in which a wrongful death may occur, including:
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Accidents due to defective or hazardous products
- Pedestrian, motorcycle, truck, and car accidents
- Drunk driver related accidents
- Negligence in use of a firearm
- Severe head trauma, brain injury
- Swimming pool accident
The Brooklyn personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC know they cannot erase the pain of a wrongful death, but they can help you and your family obtain the compensation you need and deserve. If you believe your loved one may have been the victim of a wrongful death, call us today to speak to an experienced New York wrongful death attorney. Wrongful death cases are very complex areas of law, which is why it is important you hire an experienced Brooklyn wrongful death attorney from the Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC.
Wrongful Death Compensation
Compensation for wrongful death can include:
- Financial support, voluntary assistance, and possible inheritance
- Increased earnings the decedent could reasonably have obtained through further advancement or promotion and increased earning capacity
- Loss of a parents nurture and guidance
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
Brooklyn wrongful death laws may allow for possible damage awards covering:
- The personal injuries to the person who has died
- The decedent’s conscious pain and suffering
- The decedent’s loss of enjoyment of life that he or she experienced before death as a result of the wrongful act, negligence
- The decedent’s awareness of impending death
Free Legal Consultation with Wrongful Death Lawyer in Brooklyn
Preserving evidence and identifying defendants are key factors in many of the underlying accidents involving death cases. Investigating and evaluating needs to occur as promptly as possible due to the strict statute of limitations. The Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC will investigate the nature of the negligence to establish the responsible party. Along with conducting all investigations of the accident, they will conduct business and communicate with the insurance companies or jury to determine the liable parties and any negligence. Our Brooklyn wrongful death attorneys will fight to recover the monetary compensation related to the loss of your loved one. If a loved one in your family has died due to negligence call our office today at 212-564-2800 to speak with an experienced Brooklyn wrongful death attorney. There is never a fee to you unless we win your case. We serve clients in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and throughout the New York City area.