1 – Do I have to get a lawyer to settle my accident or injury case?
No. A lawyer is not a must have when you are injured, however, it is highly recommended. In many cases there is more that can be covered than just your medical bills or damaged property. Issues like your mental health or long-term physical pain are important factors that you should consider if you seek to handle the personal injury claim by yourself.
2 – Do I have to go to court once I have made an accident or injury claim?
Not always. Most of the time, cases get settled before ever going to court. Once the insurance sees that you are serious and willing to take the case to court, they more often then not come up with a decent settlement offer.
3 – Do New York injury attorneys ask for money up front before taking injury cases?
The majority do not. At our office we get compensated after you get paid. This is to make things easier on you and ensure that there is no money out of your pocket. You should never commit to paying any upfront money to a New York personal injury lawyer without first talking with us.
4 – Do I get any money if I am only partially at fault for a car accident?
Maybe. Most people don’t know this, but in New York, if you are only partially at fault, then the other party may be responsible for some of the damages as well. For example if you are 80% at fault, then the other party may still be required to pay for 20% of the damages.
How can I get free legal advice regarding an accident?
If you have suffered a serious personal injury in NYC due to someone’s negligence, its wise to contact an accident lawyer who has a proven history in litigating injury cases and serious accidents. The lawyers at Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC offer FREE consultations and case reviews. They will take the time to explain your legal rights and will fight to get you the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering. They have offices conveniently located in Brooklyn and Manhattan and also represent clients throughout the state of New York. There is “never a fee unless they win your case.”